As you know, I live in the South of France… Tomatoes are everywhere in gardens, on market’ stall and their brightfull colors make the summer last a bit longer and allow us to make… Stuffed tomatoes! It is a classic of French cuisine and there are as many way to cook them as there are cooks! That’s why I am going to reveal my recipe to you.
For 6 persons you’ll need :
- 6 big tomatoes or 12 little ones
- 300 gr of sausage meat
- 300 gr of ground beef
- A slice of smoked streaky bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- sweet Pepper
- Wash the tomatoes, cut their hood and gently hollow out the tomatoes. Keep the flesh apart. Lightly salt the empty tomatoes and turn them over on a plate so the tomatoes lose their water.
- Slice thinly the onion. Peel and crush the garlic. Brown the onion and the garlic with one spoon of olive oil. When it’s brown off, add the tomatoes flesh. Add salt and a bit of sweet pepper. When it’s high-boiling, let it stew until the sauce is thick.
- Preheat the oven thermostat 200°.
- Slice thinly the smoked streaky bacon. In a mixing bowl, add the sausage meat, the ground beeff, the bacon, the onion and the garlic, salt and Pepper. Mix well, the best way it’s to use your hands!
- Blend the sauce and season if it’s necessary.
- Stuff the empty tomatoes with the meat mixture. Dop the stuffed tomatoes in a deep dish but be carrefull it’s not to big, othewise, tomatoes will fall apart! Put back the hoods.
- Pour the sauce all around the tomatoes and let them cook 25 minutes in the oven.
You can serve the tomatoes with rice or french fries, but they are also so good on their own!!
Laisser un commentaire